Monday, March 17, 2014

Irish Beef Stew & Irish Soda Bread

There are few dishes more satisfying than a hearty beef stew, warm, fresh from the oven, tender sweet loaf alongside, enjoyed by good company.

My ode to St Patrick's day was this yummy, warming recipe inspired by EPICURIOUS.com (my very favorite go-to for recipes).

Slowly simmered in the crockpot while I was in the city running errands, taking critters (sons, Shiloh & Seth) to the dentist, shopping for materials for a new handbag design that I'm working on, a visit to my esthetician, groceries...

Needless to say, it was so nice to come home to wonderful smells pouring from the kitchen saying that dinner was hot & ready.

It was only a matter of minutes before I mixed up my Irish soda bread & popped it in the oven (again, thanks to EPICURIOUS).

I don't often make soda bread, maybe three times now, & I ask myself why I haven't baked this sooner. Irish soda bread is one of the loveliest loaves, in my opinion.

Seriously, if I had to eat one kind of bread for the rest of my days I would choose, yup, you guessed it!

Top o' the evenin' to ya...

 Beef Stew
2 1/2 pounds stewing meet, browned
 6-8 yellow potatoes peeled, chopped
 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, chopped
   5 cups water
  2 tbsp. 'better than bullion' (beef) paste
 1 small can of tomato paste
 salt & pepper to taste
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment